Despicable Me: Minion Rush is a new endless runner game for the iPhone, iPad, Android, and iPod Touch. You pay as one of the minions whose goal is to become minion of the month (and eventually minion of the year). In addition to running as far as you can and scoring as many points as possible, you also collect bananas and tokens, as well as knock off various bosses to advance to the next level, such as Vector and Meena. Read on for some tips and tricks for Despicable Me: Minion Rush!
To get a higher score, knock off more minions or get more bananas, the simple rule is to stop focusing too hard on collecting bananas or minions and simply try to run as far as possible. If anything, concentrate more on the bananas, because the bananas typically go around obstacles. So follow the trail of bananas to run a long distance.
- If you see a large patch of green runway coming up, get ready to take control of your minion using your device’s tilt functionality. It’s very easy to slip up here, so make very gentle movements – concentrate on surviving rather than grabbing every last banana.
- It’s always worth bumping into fellow minions, rather than grabbing the handful of bananas nearby, as this will increase your scoring multiplier. All you have to do to take them out is be in the nearest lane to them – your minion will automatically take care of the rest.
- When fighting against Vector, you have to avoid the large units that he drops onto the lanes, but fire the shielded units back at him. All you have to do to take him down is tap on these explosive objects to send them hurtling towards his ship. Make sure you’re out of harm’s way before tapping though.
- Don’t forget to upgrade your minion via the shop. Most upgrades can be bought using the bananas you’ve collected, and we recommend prioritizing the Minion Shield first, so you can survive a collision on the course. This is very handy when the pace quickens after the first few minutes.
- Pay attention to the goals that you’re given throughout the game. They’re not hard to complete, and reward you with a generous chunk of tokens to help you continue on in the game after taking a tumble. Reaching these goals will also open up new environments for you to explore.
- Unlike the majority of runners, you can actually switch lanes while you’re in mid-air. This is often essential for surviving an upcoming obstacle, so don’t forget to look at what’s coming up next, and prepare for the challenge accordingly.
- Run out of tokens, and getting annoyed of the Revive timer message? Tap rapidly on the screen, anywhere outside of the Revive box, and you’ll be able to start up a new game in no time at all. Note that if you do want to Revive, it’ll cost more with each successive use in any single run.
- Always prioritize grabbing the Fluffy Unicorn icon when it appears on the screen. You’ll need to unlock it from the store first, but once active this mini-game gives you the chance to earn some serious bananas. Use your tilt controls to steer the unicorn through the massive columns of currency.